WHARE KEA LODGE
Nestled above Lake Wanaka and secluded from view, guests have exclusive access to this piece of paradise.
With timeless interior styling, the lodge is positioned to bask in the stunning vistas and the sun. Designed for relaxation, and with plenty of space, the lodge accommodates up to 12 guests.
- Helipad on the front lawn, with pre-obtained consent from the local authorities
- Direct access to lakeside tracks
- Lodge manger on site (offering concierge service, tailor-made itineraries, access to expert guides and local insights for tours and adventures)
- Fully equipped kitchen (all yours if that suits, or with private staff should you want them.)
- Billiards & games room with piano & guitar for guest’s use
- Outdoor spa pool (hot tub)
- Large combined dining and lounge spaces with guest bar and open fireplace.
- Various outdoor seating areas with Outdoor chimenea & gas BBQ
- Ski storage & drying facilities
The lodge is a 6 bedroom residence of a unique design; with floor to ceiling windows giving guests the impression of sleeping and living among nature, but with the comfort and warmth of a high-end retreat.
All bedrooms have super king beds (which can be split to twin beds if required), walk-in wardrobes, premium furnishings (including a writing desk), access to outdoor decking with comfortable seating.
Each bedroom is also equipped with an en-suite bathroom, which features under-floor heating, walk-in showers, and deep baths positioned with views of the surrounding landscapes.
in harmony with the environment
Whare Kea is as much an extension of the landscape, as it is a refuge within it.
When the land was purchased by the Myers, 10,000 trees were planted (including silver birch, larch, Douglas fir, chestnut, oak and poplar). Since then, native breeds (such as Kowhai, flax, toi-toi’s and lancewoods), have been added.
The lodge has been designed to maintain as minimal a carbon footprint as possible. With high performance double glazed floor to ceiling windows, natural heat and light is maximized to reduce the need for heating.
Our mountain Chalet has been designed to maximise the opportunities of its incredible and unique location whilst minimising it’s impact on the environment; the building’s roof holds snow for insulation and solar panels for power, contributing to Whare Kea Chalet’s green credentials.
1 - 6
7 - 12
*GST included. Minimum 4 night stay required
With the freedom to travel within New Zealand, we want to make it a little easier to spend long overdue time with friends and loved ones with our Stay Pay deals.* Maximise your time exploring the country and enjoy a free night or two at Whare Kea.
Stay 4- Pay 3
Stay 7- Pay 5
*Offer Valid until July 2021.